Tuesday 15 March 2011

As I get older, I notice that Time seems to be flying by at a tremendous speed. It seems hardly a minute since Christmas and the thick ice and snow that covered much of England, and here we are, trembling on the threshold of Spring, with the promise of fresh green shoots and crisp, blue skies and Easter on the horizon.
Life is very busy for me as I prepare to spend much more time in Rome with my husband. So many "essential" items to take with me, so many things to put in place before I travel on Monday - I have been quite breathless!
But, suddenly, we are in the season of Lent, and I am relieved to take a break from the business of every day life to stop, to reflect on my relationship with God, to journey through the wilderness with Jesus, then on to Jerusalem and the cross. A journey that doesn't end in a death, but in a Resurrection and hope for mankind.
So deny yourself, take up your cross, follow Jesus in his suffering. Be rejected, killed - and raised on the third day. Choose eternal life - love the LORD your God and live!