Thursday 1 April 2010

I seem to have several different projects "on the go" just now, all jostling for attention - trying to keep them all in my head is very tiring!
One of my tasks is to put together a service for 18 April for one of the rural churches and I find myself trying out sermon outlines in the shower, choosing hymns as I walkthe dog and meditating upon the readings as I drift off to sleep.
I am also writing a talk for a pastoral group meeting and trying to digest the Candidating Information on the Methodist Church website.
Just as well we women are used to multi-tasking!
But in the midst of this busy life I will be taking time to pray and contemplate over the Easter period.
God "broke in" to the world in an astonishing way. He emptied himself of everything but love and became man to die for us on the cross, to put an end to death and sin. And on the third day he rose again and lives today. Alleluia!