Thursday 18 February 2010

It has been quite some time since I have had the opportunity to update the blog. Several days in Rome were followed by a very busy day at the church yesterday. Friendship Club was entertained by a musical group called "Collage" and this was followed by lunch.
This morning I am reflecting on the Lenten season and entering into the wilderness with Jesus. Holding my life up to God for scrutiny.
This Sunday, the first in Lent (Temptation Sunday) I will be leading the service at one of the Circuit's village chapels and delivering my first sermon there on Temptation and its relationship to faith.
As a Lenten discipline I am also joining the brothers and sisters of the Anglican Dominicans in studying and reflecting upon the Nine Ways of Prayer of St Dominic. Dominic was a man for whom praying came first. He used his whole physical presence in his prayer life. Every part of him was united to God in prayer. It is my desire to enter more fully into a prayer life that embraces the physical as well as the spiritual.