Sunday 17 January 2010

Today was the last day for nominations for Church Stewards and I have tossed and turned and changed my mind repeatedly this last month about whether or not to put myself forward for this post.
I am already heavily involved in the church with Worship Leading, Local Preacher training, pastoral work and Bible Study; not to mention being Circuit Administrator. Was this a step too far, would I be overstretching myself?
At the very last minute one of my friends offered to nominate me and I watched my form go in the box along with the others. Time will tell if I have done the right thing. If I were to be ordained at some point, I am sure my full-time ministry would include administration, teaching, preaching, leading worship and pastoral care of others, so maybe the practice will do me good!